Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Sovereignty Of God

It seems that the sovereignty of God keeps coming up over and over again in my life...through sermons, books, scripture, discussions....and I am thankful of that, but it is one of those thankful times that you go "ugh...I know, Lord.....".  Sometimes I just want to be irritated b/c I feel irritated or I want to be frustrated b/c I feel frustrated but I feel like God keeps bringing to my mind, "Shannon, do you trust in my sovereignty?  Well, if you do, then you'll know that I have you exactly where you are in contact with that person or situation for a divine purpose.  Are you going to allow me to work or are you going to complain your way through it until I am not able to use it for the purpose I intended it to be used for?"  Ugh, I know Lord, but.... "I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans to give you hope and a future." (Jer. 29:11) but..... "I came so that you may have life and have it to the full..." (John  10:10)  But, Lord.....  "Do you love me?  No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what I have prepared for those who love me...." (1 Cor. 2:9)  Oh, Lord.....  "I am working everything out according to my purposes for my will so that you may be used for my glory." (Ephesians 1:11-12)  Seriously, it is difficult to argue with that!  So, I am trying to remember that I am God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for me to do.....  UGH!! :)

No comments: